Monday, February 25, 2008

When you stop seeing beauty, you start growing old

Well, I guess I should start by formally apologizing to my husband regarding the state of his face/mouth last week. His shit really was fucked! Turned out he had a cracked tooth that had abscessed and the tooth is no more. I've been married to a pirate for the last few days, but this love affair is ending tomorrow when he gets his temporary retainer-type thing.

Other than that, things are ok-ish. I had a REALLY down day on Saturday, and I honestly can't explain what the deal was with that. Jake let me sleep a whole bunch on Friday night, and even sleep in on Saturday, and then I was in a terrible funk all day on Saturday. A little bit depressed, a little bit sorry for myself, and a whole lotta just no goodness. We worked out some emotions and I talked to my mom and my main girly, and then I felt a lot better on Sunday. Hell, I even worked out!

I think that I have just been letting myself get all bottled up a bunch, and not talking about issues that I might be having. Then I just need a big ol' funk day to let it all out. It really did help, maybe that whole thing I heard on NPR recently about small bouts of depression being good for us isn't total crap after all.

No comments: