Friday, May 9, 2008

What happened to the beauty I had inside of me?

The cast is OFF! Lil' G is getting back to normal, he's still crawling a bit wonkity, but he's starting to realize he can use his right leg now, he doesn't HAVE to stick it out when he's crawling. No walking yet, but I'm sure he'll be doing it in no time.

I absolutely can NOT believe my little man is turning 1 next Friday. Where has the time gone? A year ago I was absolutely freaking out, completely ready to be a mother, and this year I'm just completely confused. How is this possible? How did my little precious squirmy wonderful ball of joy turn into this rough and tumble crazy little boy? How did the little being who depended on me for everything become the same little boy who shakes his head when I try and feed him green beans? He has actually self-weaned, because it's just so much easier to drink a bottle and run around than it is to sit still and concentrate on nursing. He's just got so much energy and independence. But he still likes to crawl into mama's lap every once in a while for a cuddle. Maybe not as often as I'd like, but I THINK he's still a mama's boy. Which is just fine by me, because I'm completely head over heels for this little kid.

I'm so fortunate to be able to celebrate my first mothers day. And so fortunate to have such a wonderful family.

No comments: